- Distinguished Professor R. David Britt has been recognized with the 2018 Zaviosky Award. The Zavoisky Award is awarded by the Kazan Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences and recognizes truly outstanding applications or developments of electron paramagnetic resonance in any field of science.
- Professor David Olson has been selected to receive the University Honors Program Faculty Award for Outstanding Mentorship.
- Undergraduate students Alexandra Greb (Pharmaceutical Chemistry), Khoi Tran (Chemical Physics), and Ming Yin Quan (Chemistry) have been awarded UC Davis Outstanding Senior Awards, recognizing "graduating seniors who have made significant contributions to the dynamic intellectual life at UC Davis."
- Graduate student Sommer Johansen (Crabtree Lab) has been selected for the 2018 NASA Earth and Space Science Fellowship in Astrophysics. She was one of 8 Fellows selected in Astrophysics (out of 177 applicants).
- Graduate student Lucy Luong (Balch Lab) has been selected as a 2018-19 ARCS Scholar. The ARCS Foundation provides financial awards to academically outstanding U.S. students in science, engineering and medical research.
- The Davis Division of the Academic Senate has recognized three of our faculty for their outstanding contributions. Carlito Lebrilla received the 2018 Academic Senate Faculty Distinguished Research Award; Jared Shaw received the 2018 Distinguished Teaching Award; and Annalise Franz received the 2018 Distinguished Graduate and Professional Teaching Award.
- Incoming graduate student Jessica Ortiz, a previously participant in the UC Davis ChemEnergy REU program, has been awarded the highly competitive NSF Graduate Research Fellowship (NSF-GRFP). Current students Nina Howard (Shaw Lab), Croix Laconsay (Tantillo Lab), and Xander Wilcox (Fisher Lab) received Honorable Mention.
Facile C−H Bond Metathesis Mediated by a Stannylene: A Sn(I) Radical Intermediate
Research highlight from the Power LabLearn More